Volunteer/Interns at Greencard
Reflection on our programs and how you can become our partner /Volunteer or an intern today!
Helping others go to school is not new to us as Africans.
In fact, if the truth be told, most education in Africa is financed by relatives ,Well wishers,sponsors and few close family friends. None of us would have made it if it were not for a brother, a sister, an aunt, an uncle, or even a kinsman who stepped in to pay our school fees as a good Samaritan
You as our brothers and sisters in the diaspora are doing a gallant job to keep children in school on the kibera No international donor organization does more to educate young Africans than those working in the African diaspora.
However, if we want to transform kibera or even African as a continent itself, then each one of us need to consider going the extra mile and this are the simple things that you can do to help for it's not always financial supporter needed and if you are wondering what and how without direct financial support then here's what you can do:-
1. You could consider assisting (at the same time that you’re doing your duty of helping your brother, sister, or cousin), a CHILD who is not related to you, in any way. Have the courage to even support someone who is not a kinsman from your area or tribe.
2. Assistance is not just financial. Even if you’re a high school student or a hassler in kibera, you can make time and volunteer to teach children, for several hours every day.
3. You could even organize as a couple, one or two friends so that you do it together as a "teaching club." If you’re running a business you can invite some of your staff who are willing (don't force anyone), to join you.
4. You can decide to purchase or donate at your disposal some new or bit used stationeries like book,a pen/pencil, a school bag,geometrical seats,crayons, School uniform, pay a month or a semester fees for one or two, donate soccer/sports gears for children in sports, food from your grocery or shop for the school feeding program for at some point we have children who normally gets one meal a day and that's at the school.
5. #Bring or visit as a group or individual volunteers to help in making School desks, do some classes renovations, fence paintings, plant trees and flowers,help in cooking /serving children lunch, teach the Bible and telling stories about Jesus,do some art and Beadworks with children and women,do some office paperwork, join in playing Soccer games with the children n youth, and also going for home visits to see the life in kibera.
6. #Donate Used or New Computers and sewing machines for a Vocational Training for our youth n women empower programs to equip them with Skills,create employed and also fight Crime and Abusive drugs and other until social behaviours.
7. You have everything you need and we have all you need to know and also a place to visit for we have already started this program right here.
If you manage to assist at least 1child here then in this way for a period you will have become our partner.